Bowlus Bass Blog

All things bass (electric, acoustic, and upright) related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, Ohio, United States

I am an attorney by day, but that's really just my "backup gig" in case this whole "musician thing" doesn't work out. ;^) I was been blessed with the opportunity to write freelance reviews for Guitar World's Bass Guitar Magazine, and I contributed regularly from the Spring of 2006 up until Bass Guitar Magazine's demise. This was, in itself, a dream come true, and an opportunity for which I am truly grateful. But this was a stepping stone to bigger and better things, and I am now the Editor-in-Chief of Bass Gear Magazine (www.bassgearmag.com). Our first issue came out in August of 2008, and we are now the leading bass review magazine, worldwide. Of course, on the topic of my true blessings, I have a wife and two kids, all of whom I greatly adore, so my time for music/bass/songwriting/performing, and yes, even the occasional practicing, is not infinite. Nevertheless, I really enjoy my time spent playing bass, writing and recording songs, and just getting to "play" with all that great gear! This blog is a result of these external interests...

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Welcome to Bowlus Bass Blog!

Well, after some external encouragement, I have decided to give this whole "blog thing" a try, and I hope to use this vehicle to consolidate some of my thoughts, comments, and experiences with various bass gear. I have posted a fair amount on TalkBass.com, which is a fantastic resource. I am also currently a freelance reviewer for Guitar World's Bass Guitar Magazine (I've been in every issue since I came on board midway through 2006), so I will reserve some of my comments (at least initially) for my print reviews.

Please let me know if you find this useful, and/or if you have any comments.

Take care, Tom.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom. I stumbled across your blog looking for Epifani PS 600 reviews. I must say that you are my hero. I too am an attorney, who when not working on a case, thinks about playing and gear that I would love to own. I too am married with two kids. It's 6:00 am, and I can't stop reading your blogs. I hope to meet you one day. I am attending 07 NAMM, and I will definitely look for your name tag. Virgil Walker, Dresher, Pa.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way I am the proud owner of an MTD 535, Keith Roscoe SKB 3005, Ibanez GWB 1005, Vintage MusicMan Sabre, GK 1001RB amp and the GK 2x12 and 1x15 Neo cabs, SWR SM 900, SWR Goliath III, and Goliath Jr., Epifani PS 600 and Epifani UL 310, and I thought I was nuts :-) My wife would ban me from associating with you :-) My e-mail address is Fitpalawy@aol.com. We've gotta meet.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home